English presentation of the ALECSOAPPS project
In spite of anincreasing techieArab young population, highly interested and even addicted to mobile devices and smartphones, the number of Arabic language mobile applications developed so faris still few.This fact could be explained (according to a study realized in ALECSO) based on the following:
- Lack of relevant regional initiatives to promote Mobile Technology and to develop entrepreneurship and innovation skills, especially for Arab young developers;
- The well-known stores are toughly accessible or reachable ;
- Few commercially-successful Arab Mobile markets ;
- The inadequacy of curricula in schools;
Endeavoring to address some of these drawbacks, ALECSO organization has proposed a comprehensive, huge and strategic project (ALecsoApps) aiming to provide a necessary technological and institutional environment for the promotion of an emergingdigital creative Arab Mobile industry, related to the fields of education, culture and science.
The AlecsoApps project is composed of three main components:
- The AlecsoApps Store:a web-based application intended for hosting and gathering thousands of Arab Mobile Applications for free. This platform is also installable on supported mobile devices that run Android OS. This Arab marketplace provides the opportunity to Arab developers involved in Mobile Technologyto innovate and to sharetheir creations without any fees, restrictions or barriers.
- The AlecsoApps Editor: a platform that offers an environment of Rapid Application Development (RAD). This Development Studio isused through its convivial web interface and enables end-users to create their applications in few minutes,following five simple steps. The Editor targets people whom do not master programming languages such as JAVA and includes a real time previewer based on a WYSIWYG concept, which allows users to build and generate their apps via few clicks.
- The AlecsoApps Award:an annual challenge aiming to motivate and encourage Arab developers to meet high-level standards in term of Mobile Applications quality, innovation and Entrepreneurship. The competition is set over two stages: The first stage is national, lead and held locally in Arab countries to select the best Mobile Applicationsin each Arab country, in theareas of Education, Culture, Science and Educational games. The second stage israther at a Pan-Arabiclevel: wining applications are selected among those getting successfully the first round. The amount of the AlecsoApps Awardswould be about 50 000 $US.
In order to build and reinforce capacities in the realm of Mobile Technologies, ALECSO offer training workshops available in two levels: beginner and advanced, and covering all the required skills related to Mobile Development. Trainees who should attend these workshops could be teachers, students and experts in the fields of education, culture and education. Those who complete successfully the training workshop will receive a certificate of course completion from ALECSO.
The institutions interested in hosting this training workshop are requested to contact the Arab League of Educational, Cultural and Scientific Organizations (ICT Department) by e-mail: عنوان البريد الإلكتروني هذا محمي من روبوتات السبام. يجب عليك تفعيل الجافاسكربت لرؤيته.